Printheads are the single most critical component of your printer and one which is often ignored.
In our experience, most print quality issues are the direct result of improper printhead care and routine maintenance. Statistics show that regular maintenance can increase the lifespan of your printhead by up to 80%. We supply printheads for the majority of makes and models of thermal printers including;
A1 Solutions are an Authorised Reseller and Authorised Zebra Repair Centre, this means we can supply quality Genuine Zebra printheads and spare parts at a discounted rate.
There are a few things you can do the help prolong the life of your printhead
- Use quality labels and ribbons – we use only the highest quality labels and ribbons, these materials are smooth and not abrasive against your printhead which helps prolong the life of your printhead.
- Clean your printhead regularly – we recommend using Isopropyl alcohol on a lint free cloth, Isopropyl Printhead Cleaning Wipes or Printhead Cleaning Pens from Zebra. You can purchase these from A1 Solutions by calling us on 028 9060 0009.
- Use the correct darkness – ensure you aren’t producing your labels with the darkness set too high on your printer. The higher the darkness setting the faster you will burn through the elements in your printhead.
- Be gentle when closing the printhead
- Never put anything sharp against your printhead
If you are unsure how to install your printhead or spare parts we can have one of our engineers do this for you. We always recommend your printhead is fitted by a properly trained engineer however we know that there are lots of videos out there to help you when changing your own printhead on site, we have posted some of the most common ones below:
Get in touch today for a price on your printhead by calling us on 028 9060 0009 or by completing the contact form below.